What is HRS Camp and who should attend?
HRS Camp, launched in 2022, is a three-day long camp created by the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences to expose traditionally underserved and underrepresented high school students to a variety of career opportunities in health care. Some of the careers will include:
- Assistive and Rehabilitative Technology
- Athletic Training
- Dietetics and Nutrition
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- and more!
High school students interested in a career in health care are invited to apply.
What will we do?
Students will be participating in variety of hands-on, interactive activities and simulations including:
- Anatomy lab
- CODE BLUE Response
- Heart and lung sounds
- Medical dietetics and nutrition
- Neuroscience brain activity
- Surgical skills lab
- And more!
At the end of the camp, students will have the opportunity to learn about the admissions process and how to get started.
To learn more about the camp and activities, view several of the local news stories that covered the 2022 Camp:
- ABC 6 On Your Side: Ohio State unveils new summer camp for high school students wanting to pursue heath care field
- Spectrum News: Ohio State camp gives students hands-on look at medical professions
When: June 5-7, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
Where: The Ohio State University Columbus Campus
Cost: Free for students
Meals: Breakfast and lunch will be provided
How to Apply
2023 Important Dates
- April 21: Application deadline. Apply early for greatest consideration.
- May 5: Notification of admission decisions
- June 1: Required orientation for admitted students. A parent/guardian must attend with the student.