Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Determine the impact of student clinical experiences on clinician productivity in a variety of common physical therapy settings.
Interprofessional Education; Workforce
- Workforce development issues in the Health Professions
- interprofessional (IP) education and teamwork
Health Care Disparities; Science of Teaching and Learning
- Teaching and Learning; Preceptor Training
- Community health; Training for service learning environment; implicit association test
- Healthcare disparities; LGBTQ and tobacco cessation
Nutrition; Education Research
- Providing synthesis and development of evidence based medical nutrition therapy to support clinical practice
- Assessing the effectiveness of alternative teaching environments for use in dietetic education and higher education
- Providing clinical nutrition expertise for ongoing research projects within the OSU College of Medicine, the Wexner Medical Center, Nationwide Children's Hospital, community partners and our graduate program
Clinician Education, Dependence
- Issues related to tobacco dependence,
- workforce development issues in the Health Professions (specifically dealing with teamwork, the Millennial generation and interprofessional education) and teaching/learning in the health professions.
Policy, Telehealth, Clinical Education
- Examining how policy impacts practice and reimbursement through the analysis of current and emerging reimbursement policies and systems. Specific areas of practice interests include aging, caregiving, mental health, and telehealth.
- Clinical education through simulation & interprofessional collaboration
Clinician Education; Tobacco Dependence
- Clinical respiratory therapy practice and teaching and learning in the health professions.