Helping to diagnose and treat disease.
High quality healthcare begins with accurate testing.
The benefits of a large university with a small college feel
You can have the best of both worlds: the extensive resources of a major research university with a world class medical center and personal attention with class sizes ranging from 25 to 40 students. You’ll have daily exchanges with faculty members who will know you by name.
Our grads have job security – and options
There’s a national shortage of medical laboratory scientists, and demand is anticipated to increase 16 percent in the next eight years. That means you could work full or part-time virtually anywhere in the country. The 2016 median annual salary for medical laboratory scientists is $51,770
Practical clinical experience prepares you for the workplace
Students in our certification track participate in a six-week, clinical internship (guaranteed placement) the final semester of the program. We are affiliated with a number of excellent hospitals in Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati that will provide you with hands-on experience in both routine and specialized testing.
A great foundation for additional studies
A degree in medical laboratory science is extremely versatile. Many of our graduates have branched out into other arenas such as industry, information systems, forensics and environmental health. Others have pursued advanced degrees in medicine, dentistry, nursing and veterinary medicine.
- 2018 recipient of the Beth Bowman Award is Amber (Coon) Kumler
- 2018-2019 recipients of the Janet Kay Wilson Scholarship are Carly Miller & Natasha Romanoff
- 2018 HRS Award of Merit nominee is Madison Klavan
- 2018 Clinical Affiliate of the Year is Knox Community Hospital
- 2018 Young Investigator Award from The School of Health and Rehabilitation Science recipient is Dr. Mireia Guerau
- 2018 School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences Faculty Teaching Award is Dr. Tammy Bannerman
- Dr. Funderburg & Dr. Guerau received promotion in tenure to associate professor in 2018
Board of Registry Examination Passing Rates
The 2017 graduates of the Certification Track in Medical Laboratory Science scored above the mean on the board of registry exam and 90% (19 students taking the examination) passed the board of registry examination.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, MLS Gainful Employment Disclosure