View current costs and fees for Ohio State’s Medical Laboratory Science program, as well as scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
In addition to tuition and fees, estimates of extra program costs are listed below:
- Books, notes, and calculator: varies by semester ($400-$500)
- Laboratory Students: Safety Laboratory Coat $35-$40*
*this is needed on the first day of laboratory class
- Required Immunizations: Paid for by the student or their insurance. They are offered through OSU Student Health Services
- Toxicology Screen: Paid for by the student. It is offered through OSU Student Health Services
- Background check: No cost to student, provided by OSUMC Security
- Miscellaneous Clinical Internship Costs: $0-$1500 (varies)*
*The Clinical Internships may not all be in Columbus and students may need relocation expenses for six weeks.
Four scholarships are available to Medical Laboratory students.:
- Janet K. Wilson Scholarship: Each year, at least one junior certification student will be selected to receive a scholarship for their senior year of Medical Laboratory Science education. More information given to admitted students.
- The American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science: is a professional organization offering both undergraduate and graduate scholarships.
- Fairfield Medical Center (FMC) Internship Scholarship: FMC in Lancaster, OH offers an annual competitive scholarship for students wishing to intern and then work at FMC. More information given to admitted students.
- The Ohio Branch of ACLS: offers an undergraduate scholarship