In addition to tuition and fees,
estimates of extra program costs are listed below:
- Books, notes, and calculator: varies by semester ($400-$500)
- Laboratory Students: Safety Laboratory Coat $35-$40*
*this is needed on the first day of laboratory class
- Required Immunizations: Paid for by the student or their insurance. They are offered through OSU Student Health Services
- Toxicology Screen: Paid for by the student. It is offered through OSU Student Health Services
- Background check: No cost to student, provided by OSUMC Security
- Miscellaneous Clinical Internship Costs: $0-$1500 (varies)*
*The Clinical Internships may not all be in Columbus and students may need relocation expenses for six weeks.
Four scholarships are available to Medical Laboratory students.:
- Janet K. Wilson Scholarship: Each year, at least one junior certification student will be selected to receive a scholarship for their senior year of Medical Laboratory Science education. More information given to admitted students.
- The American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science: is a professional organization offering both undergraduate and graduate scholarships.
- Fairfield Medical Center (FMC) Internship Scholarship: FMC in Lancaster, OH offers an annual competitive scholarship for students wishing to intern and then work at FMC. More information given to admitted students.
- The Ohio Branch of ACLS: offers an undergraduate scholarship