Immunology and Cellular Mechanics
- Infectious Disease
- Public Health Microbiology
HIV; Cardiovascular Disease;
- Monocyte/macrophage activation in HIV disease and cardiovascular disease.
- Identification of the contributors and mechanisms behind inflammation and immune activation in treated HIV infection.
- Investigating the bidirectional relationship between coagulation and inflammation.
Multiple Sclerosis; Immunology; Inflammation
- Develop better diagnostic biomarkers and therapeutic targets for Multiple Sclerosis (MS) that reduce and/or stop disease. To do so, we investigate mechanisms that promote inflammatory immune cells and drive inflammation/autoimmunity.
- Complement basic research (immunological research tools and animal models of autoimmunity) with translational research (MS patient samples) to provide solutions tailored to MS patients