Health Disparity, Underserved Populations, Obesity
- To refine the critical thinking methodology for behavior change among low-income individuals.
- To develop evidence-based obesity prevention programs suitable for community outreach, information dissemination, and public health education; and tailor these programs so that they are culturally appropriate to minority and other audiences.
- To make significant contributions toward understanding and decreasing health disparities among underserved (rural and low-income) and minority (African Americans, Hispanics, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders) populations.
Nutrition; Education Research
- Providing synthesis and development of evidence based medical nutrition therapy to support clinical practice
- Assessing the effectiveness of alternative teaching environments for use in dietetic education and higher education
- Providing clinical nutrition expertise for ongoing research projects within the OSU College of Medicine, the Wexner Medical Center, Nationwide Children's Hospital, community partners and our graduate program
Nutrition Support; Intestinal Failure; Gastrointestinal Disease
- Nutrition assessment of polyphenols
- Nutrition for cancer prevention
- Black Raspberries and the intestinal microbiome
Nutrition; Health Promotion; Cancer Patients
- Targeting interventions aimed at providing optimal nutrition for cancer prevention and survivorship in disparate populations.
- Improving access to culturally appropriate, health-promoting and functional foods by impacting food availability, food access, food quality, and food use.
- Evaluating biomarkers of dietary interventions in human carcinogenesis.
- Assessing modifiable lifestyle behaviors associated with cancer survivorship.
Nutrition; Health Care Delivery; Metabolic Syndrome
- Dietary Patterns related to chronic disease risk
- Identify factors that Improve nutrition support in the health system and in neighborhoods