Biomechanics and Musculoskeletal Injury
Injury Biomechanics; Aging, Car Crash Safety
- The role individual skeletal health plays on the risk of sustaining traumatic injuries.
Orthopaedics; Manual Therapy; Spine
- Investigation of the utility of the Functional Movement Screen (FMS) for injury prediction in high school, college, and professional athletes in a variety of sports
Injury Biomechanics; Car Crash Safety; Pediatrics; Aging
- Investigating relationships between human injury and physical mechanical properties.
- Mechanisms of Injury
- Car Crash Safety with an emphasis on underrepresented and high-risk populations such as pediatrics and elderly persons.
Musculoskeletal Health; Injury Biomechanics; Pediatrics; Car Crash Safety
- Pediatric injury biomechanics and prevention
Biomechanlcs; Sports Medicine; Musculoskeletal injuries
- Examine the role of core stability in the prevention and treatment of injuries across the entire body
- Identify the mechanisms behind overuse running and throwing injuries
- Study the effects of chemotherapy, osteoarthritis, total knee arthroplasty and lower extremity amputation on gait and balance.
- Prevention and Rehabilitation of Musculoskeletal Injury and Disease in Sports, Orthopedics, Oncology, and Amputation
Caregiver Burden; Lifelong Disability; Lift Technology
- Examine interventions to reduce illness, injury, and stress among caregivers and their influence on patient outcomes.
- Develop and Test Strategies for effective patient rehabilitation which reduce illness, injury, and stress among caregivers.
- Hip and knee injuries, physical therapy/rehabilitation outcomes, prevention of disability following injury, motion analysis and biomechanics
- Three-dimensional motion analysis, clinical examination and functional testing, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Work-related Injury; Sonography
- Explore the impact of workplace injury on radiographers, sonographers and other health care professionals.
Skeletal Anatomy; Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
- IBRC is a multi-disciplinary research center dedicated to investigating relationships between human injury and mechanical properties.
Biomechanics; Car Crash Safety
- Investigating human injury tolerance and assessing how well anthropomorphic test devices (ATD) replicate the response of a human (i.e., biofidelity of ATD) in motor vehicle crashes and sports activities.
- The biomechanical responses of the human body to impact by using experimental and FE modeling techniques for high-energy impacts.
- Multibody Kinematics and Dynamics
Musculoskeletal Health; Pathophysiology
- Physical Agents in Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Acute Musculoskeletal Injury Pathophysiology
Musculoskeletal Injury; Body Mechanics
- Specific issues related to lower extremity injury, in particular anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury, pre-participation examinations and human performance optimization
Sports Medicine; Biomechanics; Orthopedics
- Understand the neuromuscular and biomechanical aspects of lower extremity injury, rehabilitation and performance.
- The neuromuscular, biomechanical, imaging, and functional outcomes following anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction in children, adolescents and young adults.
- The neuromuscular, biomechanical and functional outcomes of individuals with varying degrees of knee joint degeneration, from those with focal articular cartilage defects to end-stage knee osteoarthritis and total knee arthroplasty.
- The lower extremity neuromuscular control and biomechanics of children, adolescents and young adults who are obese