OverviewAssociate Professor of Physical Therapy, Orthopedics, Mechanical Engineering,
and Biomedical Engineering
SHRS Director of Diversity and Inclusion
516G Atwell Hall
453 W. 10th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
Phone: (614) 292-0558 (Office)
Phone: (614) 293-2409 (Lab)
Primary Professional Areas of Interest
Research FocusDr. Chaudhari’s research focuses on the basic question: Can we better understand how movement-related injuries and diseases happen by studying the human body as a mechanical system?
Blazek, A.D., Nam, J., Gupta, R., Pradhan, M., Perera, P., Weisleder, N.L., Hewett, T.E., Chaudhari, A.M., Lee, B.S., Leblebicioglu, B., Butterfield, T.A., Agarwal, S., 2016. Exercise-driven metabolic pathways in healthy cartilage. Osteoarthritis and cartilage 24, 1210-1222.
Caruthers, E.J., Thompson, J.A., Chaudhari, A.M., Schmitt, L.C., Best, T.M., Saul, K.R., Siston, R.A., 2016. Muscle Forces and Their Contributions to Vertical and Horizontal Acceleration of the Center of Mass During Sit-to-Stand Transfer in Young, Healthy Adults. J Appl Biomech 32, 487-503.
Chaudhari AMW, Umberger, BR. Insights on Sports Injury and Prevention from Musculoskeletal Simulation. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. Boston, MA; June 2, 2016.
Onate J, Starkel C, Borchers J, Chaudhari A, Clifton D, Comstock D, Cortes N, Grooms D, Hertel J, McNally M, Miller M, Pan X, Schussler E, Van Lunen B, Best TM. Injury History Predicts Musculoskeletal Lower Extremity Injury Risk in High School Athletes: The FPPE Project. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. Boston, MA; June 1, 2016.
Grooms DR, Chaudhari AMW, Page SJ, Nichols-Larsen D, White SE, Onate JA. The Brain-Behavior Relationship After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. Boston, MA; June 3, 2016.
- Physical Therapy 7235 - Biomechanics for Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy 8998 – Research Practicum for First-Year DPT Students
- Health and Rehabilitation Sciences 7900 - Evidence Based Practice I: Critical Analysis of Measurement and Diagnostic Tests
- Health and Rehabilitation Sciences 7910 – Evidence Based Practice 2: Critical Analysis of Intervention Research and Systematic Reviews
- Health and Rehabilitation Sciences 7795 – Instrumentation for Quantifying Movement and Muscle Function in Clinical Practice and Research
- 1996: BS, Biological Sciences and Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
- 1997: MS, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
- 2003: Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford university