We’re an inclusive, supportive community where you can comfortably join in or confidently stand out.
Our values are founded on our land-grant purpose to extend higher education broadly to the sons and daughters of Ohio and beyond. We believe:
- Complex problems need many viewpoints to achieve the best solutions
- More diverse backgrounds and ideas increase the likelihood of creativity and new solutions
- Increasing diversity gives us access to talent currently not represented
- A diverse faculty has positive effects on our diverse student body
Within our school and across campus, there are a wide range of resources to help every student, staff, and faculty member find the support and community they need to thrive. We are committed to creating an environment that will facilitate the academic achievement of students from groups underrepresented in the health and rehabilitation sciences. Our services include academic and career counseling, student advocacy, and support for educational, recreational, and service activities that promote personal growth and cultural sensitivity.
Below are links to some resources you may find useful. Please don’t hesitate to use them as much as you need!
Ajit Chaudhari, PhD
Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- College of Medicine Anti-Racism Resources
- Student Services Center
- The Younkin Success Center
- Counseling and Consultation Service
- Open Doors Partners
- List of Student Organizations
- Ohio State Diversity Initiative
- Ohio State Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- The Women’s Place at The Ohio State University
- Student Life Multicultural Center
- Neighborhoods of Columbus