The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences are proud to announce the creation of an AOTA Fellowship Program providing an innovative Acute Care OT Fellowship. The program will seek accreditation by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
Ohio State Wexner Medical Center accepts one fellow for a 12 month-long program that begins every August. The OT fellowship supports the missions of both the AOTA and Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, by preparing clinicians to understand the complex acute care patient in 12 different service areas of the hospital. This will be accomplished via mentored learning to enhance specialty skills, knowledge and professional behaviors in the field of Acute Care to improve the lives of patients.
The fellow will have the unique opportunity to treat patients with diverse acute diagnoses across several unique areas of the hospital.
- Acute care rotation includes time with the Cardiovascular, pulmonary, peripheral vascular diseases, SICU, MICU, liver and kidney transplants, burns, and some similar areas with the focus of how the cancer diagnosis affects occupational therapy treatment
- Regular fellowship conferences and rounds
- Teaching in the Division of OT entry-level OTD program
- Scholarship opportunities
- Collaboration with OSUWMC OT and PT post-professional programs
In addition to clinical time, the fellows will spend time as an instructor and mentored colleague in our nationally-ranked Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Program. As one of the most established and respected OT programs in the country, we boast outstanding faculty that are committed to promoting scholarship, leadership and evidenced-based practice in occupational therapy.
Fellows will be considered an employee of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and will be entitled to all the comprehensive benefits of a full time employee.
Compensation and Benefits
Program participants are employed full time by the OSUMC, including a benefits package. Salary is commensurate with revenue-generating clinic time. Participants do not pay tuition.
- Applications Accepted starting April 2022
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
- Interviews: June 2022
- Accepted Fellows Notified: June 2022
- Fellowship Start: August 2022
- Download and complete the application
- Include a CV and references
- Submit the completed application, CV and references by either email or postal mail:
- Scan and email all of the items to: email@example.com
- Mail all of the items to:
452 West 10th Ave
Ross Heart Hospital
Attn: room 6025
Columbus, Ohio 43210
If you have any questions regarding the fellowship or application, please contact Adannaya Nzeogu at firstname.lastname@example.org