The Division of Health Information Management and Systems is celebrating 50 years of excellence on The Ohio State University campus.
Program Points of Pride:
- For the past five years, graduates in the program have reported a 95% RHIA exam pass rate on their first attempt.
- HIMS boasts a 100% two-year completion rate in the professional program among full-time students.
- Students gain valuable hands-on experience in The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and with a variety of health care partners around central Ohio.
- While the overall student to faculty ratio for the university sits at 19:1, the HIMS program only accepts 32 students each year, so class size is intentionally kept small.
- Five faculty members are fellows of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Faculty routinely produce international and national presentations and publications
- 2019 – Ranked #10 Health Information Management Degree Programs by Healthcare Management Degree Guide
HIMS 50th Anniversary Virtual Celebration
HIMS 50th Anniversary Virtual Tour of Atwell Hall
Show Your Support
Celebrate 50 Years of Excellence with a gift of $50 to our 50th Anniversary Celebration Buckeye Funder. These gifts will support our current HIMS students.
HIMS 50th Anniversary Memories Survey
In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the HIMS program, the 50th Anniversary committee is collecting memories of our time in the HIMS program to compile for the celebration. Please complete the survey below to have your memories included.