All students interested in radiography, radiation therapy and sonography who will have attained a junior rank or above prior to Autumn semester 2021 should submit all application materials no later than February 15 for consideration of an Autumn semester 2021 - admission.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions in the hospital departments, the requirement of at least eight (8) hours of observation has been waived by the Radiologic Sciences and Therapy Division. If a clinical site will allow students to observe, the Radiologic Sciences and Therapy Division suggests that you complete observation hours and upload them with your application, as well as completing the module listed below. Please see the Admission Criteria below for specific instructions for obtaining in person hours.
In lieu of observation hours, the Radiologic Sciences and Therapy division is requiring applicants to complete the American Society of Radiologic Technology R.T.101 - Introduction to Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Modalities. At the completion of the module, print out a certificate of completion with your name and the date you viewed the module. The certificate of completion should be uploaded into your application.
All students interested in the AS to BS Degree Completion program should submit all application materials no later than February 15, 2021 for consideration for autumn 2021 admission. Radiologic Science professionals who already hold a certificate or associate degree and are certified by the ARRT, NMTCB or ARDMS are eligible to apply to this program. Applicants are required to meet all Application Criteria and follow the Application Procedures.
Applications into the Radiologic Sciences and Therapy program are accepted online from September 3, 2020 through February 15, 2021 for consideration of an Autumn 2021 professional admission.
Radiography, Radiation Therapy & Sonography CriteriaAdmission to the Radiologic Sciences and Therapy Division in Radiography, Radiation Therapy and Sonography is based on the following criteria:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in science courses
- Understanding of the profession
- Oral and/or written communication
- Experience in the radiologic sciences involving direct patient contact in radiography, radiation therapy or sonography.
- Required by February 15 of the application year.
- Students applying for admission consideration must complete eight hours of documented patient contact experience. Observation must occur in the modality that is being applied for: radiography, radiation therapy or sonography. Radiography is specific to fluoroscopy and radiography (emergency department and operating department) observations ONLY. Observation hours in CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Interventional radiology, veterinary medicine or dentistry will not be credited toward the required 8 hours of any modality.
- **Students who wish to apply to multiple programs are required to observe 8 hours in EACH modality selected**
- Documentation of experience hours must be completed by the applicant and supervisor(s) using this form, Documentation of Applicant's Observation Hours. This document requires the current Adobe Reader. The completed form will be uploaded into the online application at the time of submission. Do not send this document to the Graduate & Professional Admissions Office.
- You may schedule observation hours by contacting the Volunteer Services department of the hospital or clinic of your choice (except dental or veterinary). This may be done at a medical facility outside of the city or state.
- For observation opportunities in imaging departments at The OSU Wexner Medical Center affiliated sites, OSUMC - Hospital Volunteer Services can assist you with the process. Please note, this program is ONLY for individuals who have imminent plans to apply to a Health and Rehabilitation Sciences program that requires observation hours. This program is not intended to provide shadowing experiences or to be considered volunteer service.
- For observation opportunities in imaging departments at OhioHealth affiliated sites, see Contact Information.
- For observation opportunities in imaging departments at Nationwide Children's Hospital, click here.
AS to BS Degree Completion Criteria
Approximate Class Sizes
Application Deadline is February 15, 2021
All students interested in radiography, sonography, and radiation therapy should submit all application materials (including 8 hours of clinical observations specific to the program to which you are applying) by the deadline for consideration of an autumn semester admission.
All students interested in the AS to BS Degree Completion program should submit all application materials by the deadline for consideration of an autumn semester admission. Radiologic Science professionals who already hold a certificate or associate degree and are certified by the ARRT, NMTCB, or ARDMS are eligible to apply to this program.
Baccalaureate Degree Holders