All students interested in the AS to BS Degree Completion program should submit all application materials no later than January 31st for consideration of an Autumn semester 2017 admission. Radiologic Science professionals who already hold a certificate or associate degree and are certified by the ARRT, NMTCB, or ARDMS are eligible to apply to the Degree Completion program. Applicants are required to meet all Application Criteria and follow the Application Procedures.
Applications into the Radiologic Sciences and Therapy program are accepted online from September 1, 2016 through January 31, 2017 for consideration of an Autumn 2017 professional admission.
Radiography, Radiation Therapy & Sonography CriteriaAdmission to the Radiologic Sciences and Therapy Division in Radiography, Radiation Therapy and Sonography is based on the following criteria:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in science courses
- Understanding of the profession
- Oral and/or written communication
- Experience in the radiologic sciences involving direct patient contact in radiography, radiation therapy or sonography.
- Required by January 31 of the application year.
- Students applying for admission consideration must complete eight hours of documented patient contact experience. Observation must occur in the modality that is being applied for: radiography, radiation therapy or sonography. Radiography is specific to fluoroscopy and radiography (emergency department and operating department) observations ONLY. Observation hours in CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Interventional radiology, veterinary medicine or dentistry will not be credited toward the required 8 hours of any modality.
- **Students who wish to apply to multiple programs are required to observe 8 hours in EACH modality selected**
- Documentation of experience hours must be completed by the applicant and supervisor(s) using this form, Documentation of Applicant's Observation Hours. This document requires the current Adobe Reader. The completed form should be mailed directly from the supervisor of the experience to:
Do not send this document to the Professional Admissions Office. Observation Forms will be null and void if mailed or turned in directly by the observing student. Students will receive email confirmation from the Radiologic Sciences department upon receipt of the observation form. You may schedule observation hours by contacting the Volunteer Services department of the hospital or clinic of your choice (except dental or veterinary). OSUMC - Hospital Volunteer Services can assist you with the observation process. Please note, this program is ONLY for individuals who have imminent plans to apply to a Health and Rehabilitation Sciences program that requires observation hours. This program is not intended to provide shadowing experiences or to be considered volunteer service.
Students must have completed at least 36 semester credit hours including all of the following admission prerequisite courses or their equivalent with a C- or higher by the end of spring semester. Students who have completed or are in the process of completing both the admission and program prerequisites and wish to apply must have completed at least 69 credit hours. Admission prerequisites should be taken before program prerequisites. The grades of these courses play a role in the ranking of potential applicants.
- Math 1150
- Physics 1200 AND 1201
- Biology 1101 or 1113
- Psychology 1100
- Statistics 1350
- English 1110
- Sociology 1101
- Anatomy 2300.04
- Second Writing Course
- EEOB 2520
- HTHRHSC 2500
- HTHRHSC 5370 or PUBHHMP 4650
- HTHRHSC 5500
- Chemistry 1110
- RAD SCI 3200
AS to BS Degree Completion Criteria
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Completion of general education and prerequisites coursework
- Oral and/or written communication
- Current certification in good standing
- Three letters of recommendation mailed to:
Radiologic Sciences and Therapy Division
Attention: Dr. Kevin Evans
106 Atwell Hall, 453 W. 10th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Approximate Class Sizes
- Radiography - 20 students
- Radiation Therapy - 7-10 students
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - 10 students
- AS to BS Degree Completion Post-primary Radiography - 10 students
Application Deadline is January 31, 2017.
All students interested in radiography, sonography, and radiation therapy who will have attained a junior rank or above prior to autumn semester 2015 should submit all application materials (including 8 hours of clinical observations specific to the program to which you are applying) no later than January 31st for consideration of an autumn semester 2017 admission.
All students interested in the AS to BS Degree Completion program should submit all application materials no later than January 31st for consideration of an autumn semester 2017 admission. Radiologic Science professionals who already hold a certificate or associate degree and are certified by the ARRT, NMTCB, or ARDMS are eligible to apply to the Degree Completion program.
- Schedule of Current and Planned Courses
- Personal Statement (include description of observation experience, if applicable)
- Application/acceptance fee online payment if you are not currently an OSU student
- Official transcript(s) sent to Professional Admissions from all non-OSU colleges/schools where any coursework was completed or is in progress. Any updated transcripts must be sent to Professional Admissions as well.
Division of Radiologic Sciences and Therapy
ATTN: Office Associate
106 G Atwell Hall
453 West 10th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
*Contact the Division if you cannot download the PDF and need this document emailed to you.Visit the HRS Application page of The Ohio State University for updated instructions and to complete and send application(s) directly to the Professional Admissions office online. See Applications and Deadlines and click on the appropriate link — Traditional (Sophomore-Level) or BS Degree Completion Program — to begin your online application.
- Dress is business attire — clean dress clothes that include pressed pants (no designs, holes, or patches) and a dark top that completely covers your chest.
- Report to the area in a timely manner and use professional language — 10:20:02 AM 10:20:03 AM — please and thank you.
- Only enter areas that you are invited into by a supervising staff member
- The use of cell phones in FORBIDDEN — turn the cell phone on vibrate and do not text or communicate with others during your observation.
- Conversation about patients is restricted to a staff member outside the examination room and FORBIDDEN in public areas.
Baccalaureate Degree Holders
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of online applications, applicants will receive email acknowledgement only from Professional Admissions. If further information is needed, the applicant will be contacted by either Admissions or the Division of Radiologic Sciences and Therapy, depending on the information needed.