- HRS academic advising is a partnership between the advisor and the student. All HRS advisors are full-time professionals trained specifically to guide you through the process of course planning, applying to your program, setting academic goals and so much more.
- HRS advisors are here to help students navigate through this process by enrolling all HRS pre-major students into a Survey class taught by one of our academic advisors.
All HRS pre-major students will enroll in a Survey class taught by an academic advisor. In this class, students will:
- Identify individualized strategies that will allow them to become independent learners
- Discuss the role of a Health & Rehabilitation Science professional and their contribution to the health care field
- Meet and discuss majors with faculty and enrolled students to recognize individual professions in HRS and the academic training that’s required – how each of those fields fits within the health care team
- Develop an academic plan that will allow them to successfully meet their degree requirements
- Identify policies, procedures and resources that support successful learning
- Understand the components of holistic admissions to their academic program, then design a plan for successful holistic admissions