406A Atwell Hall
453 W. 10th Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Professional Areas of Interest
- Sensory processing in autism spectrum disorders
- Brain-behavior relationships using EEG and fMRI in children with neurodevelopmental disorders
- Attention interventions in Occupational Therapy
Dr. Crasta’s research focuses on examining the relationship between attention and sensory processing in children and young adults with autism spectrum disorders using neuroimaging tools such as electroencephalography (EEG) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) along with performance-based measures. Additionally, Dr. Crasta also works with children with traumatic brain injury, sports-related concussion, and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) examining brain-behavior relationships.
Crasta, J. E., Slomine, B. S., Mahone, E. M., & Suskauer, S. J. (2020). Subtle Motor Signs and Executive Functioning in Chronic Paediatric Traumatic Brain Injury: Brief Report. Developmental neurorehabilitation, 23 (1), 68-72. https://doi.org/10.1080/17518423.2019.1655676
LaGasse, A. B., Berent, R. C., Crasta, J. E., Gavin, W. J., & Davies, P. L. (2019). Assessing the impact of music therapy on sensory gating and attention in children with autism: a pilot and feasibility study. Journal of Music Therapy. https://doi.org/10.1093/jmt/thz008
Crasta, J. E, Thaut, M. H., Anderson, C. W., Davies, P.L. & Gavin, W.J. (2018). Auditory priming improves neural synchronization in auditory-motor entrainment.Neuropsychologia, 117, 102-112. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuropsychologia.2018.05.017
- Crasta, J. E., Gavin, W., & Davies, P. (2019). Reduced Beta and Gamma Band Activity to Auditory Stimuli in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Psychophysiology, 56, S118.
- Crasta, J. E., Gavin, W. J., & Davies, P. (2019). Sensory Processing Predicts Social Responsiveness in Adults with Autism. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 73(4_Supplement_1). DOI: 10.5014/ajot.2019.73S1-RP103A
- Crasta, J. E., Davies, P. L. & Gavin, W. J. (2018). Examining the Effect of Attention on Sensory Registration in Autism Spectrum Disorders. International Society of Autism Research. https://insar.confex.com/insar/2018/webprogram/Paper27548.html
- Young Scientist Award for poster presented at American Occupational Therapy Conference, Salt Lake City, UT, 2018.
- Awarded Occupational Therapy Summit of Scholars Student Award for top scoring paper, Boston University, 2017.
- International Presidential Fellow Award, Colorado State University, 2014 - 2015.
2017 PhD Colorado State University Occupation and Rehabilitation Science
2015 MS Colorado State University Occupational Therapy
2010 BOT Christian Medical College, Vellore Occupational Therapy