Our students are readily involved in student enrichment experiences that expands their education and supports their development as the leaders of tomorrow. Some of these opportunities include:
Honors in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Go above and beyond degree program requirements to create a breadth of experiences through academic enrichment, service projects, study abroad, leadership in student organizations and research.
If a student does not enter the university as an Honors student, they can apply in HRS for Honors status after one academic term.
Health Science Scholars Program
- Develops and supports a community of high-ability undergraduate students interested in health-related majors and careers through opportunities to explore interest areas, learn about career options and serve together at Ohio State and beyond.
- Undergraduate students who wish to complete a research thesis work alongside our world-renowned faculty in community health and wellness, sports medicine, pediatric and adult rehabilitation, and every area of practice within Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, will graduate from HRS with Distinction.
Future Health Professionals Learning Community
- A great residential option for students living on campus who share common major, career and/or personal interests. The community provides opportunities for students to explore the variety of focus areas within the health and medical fields through a partnership with HRS. Students will be exposed to career and professional options through programming, networking and site visits by HRS programs and advisors.
HRS Student Ambassador
- Student volunteers assist in the recruitment of prospective students by serving as the student voice of HRS at recruitment events
- Outside the curriculum are numerous opportunities for patient interaction and skill-building experiences within the local and global community