Name: Amanda Micklo
Year in School: 4th year
Major/Minor: Health Sciences, Biology minor
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA (Jefferson Hills)
Extra-curricular activities/other organizations at OSU and in the community:
- Buckeye Twirl
- Nationwide Children Hospital’s research assistant
- Pre-med Club
- General chemistry mentor
- WIMS – Women in Math and Science
- Global Brigades
- Alpha Chi Omega
3 words to describe yourself:
- Fun-loving, nerdy, personable
Current or recent internship/volunteer activities:
- Patient experience critical care internship at The OSU Wexner Medical Center
- Global Brigade to Panama – medical/dental Brigade
- H12 oncology/hematology unit volunteer at Nationwide Children’s hospital
- Choices Domestic Violence Shelter volunteer
More about me:
- Why HRS?
- Holistic background/curriculum to enter the health field with (ethics, management, art and science of medicine, integrative medicine courses, etc.)
- What are your goals for the future (career, life experience, etc.)?
- Become an infectious diseases physician and begin a research lab.