Undergraduate Student Graduation Self Check
What can I do to prepare now?
1. Verify Name is Correct
View the Degree Audit Report online at buckeyelink.osu.edu. The name that appears in the upper, left corner of the Audit is the name that is on file with the University and therefore the name that will appear on the diploma. Students who wish to change the name that appears on the audit can complete a change of record form and return it to Room 206, Atwell Hall.
2. Confirm Degree and Program/Concentration is Accurate
The degree that students will receive (Bachelor of Science in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences or Certificate of Study) will appear at the top of the Audit in the center of the page. The program in which the student is enrolled and the concentration (if applicable) will appear under the degree. If this information is incorrect, contact the Office of Student Services in Room 206, Atwell Hall.
3. Insure Major Requirements are CompletedThe degree audit report is used to verify that a student has completed all requirements for graduation. Students should verify that all requirements have been or will be completed before graduation. This can be accomplished by confirming that the student will successfully complete all sections of the audit. Students should confirm that all courses still listed as “NEED” will be completed in or before the term in which the student plans to graduate. Students who believe there is an error on the Audit may wish to consult with their faculty advisor and should contact the Office of Student Services. **Please note that Major requirements will be in red due to the semester conversion. It is recommended that you check with your faculty advisor once a term to ensure all requirements have been met.
4. Confirm Minor Program are CorrectAll posted minors are listed on the degree audit report.
What can I do to prepare later
1. Confirm Hometown Accuracy
Students indicate the hometown which he or she wishes to appear in the Commencement Program on the Application for Graduation. An email will be sent to students in the term in which the student plans to graduate verifying this information. If the Hometown listed is incorrect, the student should contact the Office of Student Services in Room 206, Atwell Hall.
2. Verify Honors (Latin, Distinction, and Honors in HRS) Designation
Latin Honors (summa com laude, magna cum laude, and cum laude) will be verified in the term in which the student plans to graduate. Additionally, Graduation with Distinction, and Graduation with Honors in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences are determined in the last term of enrollment. An email will be sent to students to verify this information.
3. Complete Commencement Absence Form if Appropriate
Students who do not plan to attend the Commencement ceremony should complete a Commencement Absence Form found on the Commencement website. The form should be returned to Room 206, Atwell Hall.
4. Attend the Pre-Commencement Program
The School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences along with HRS Student Council invites all spring term graduates (prior Summer and Autumn terms included) and their guests to attend the Pre-Commencement program that is held the day before Spring Commencement. Additional details will be sent to student via email during Spring term.
5. Visit the Commencement Website for Details
Additional information about the commencement ceremony including location, date/time, speaker, and parking instructions can be accessed online. Student and families can learn more about the ceremony on this site.
What if I have questions?
Is there a celebration?
Yes! Every year the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences along with the HRS Student Council plan an amazing celebration for undergraduate students. Pre-Commencement is a formal yet personal ceremony that takes place on the Saturday in May before the University Commencement. It is held at the Ohio Union from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Light refreshments are served.This ceremony is designed for students to receive all the recognition they deserve for their hard work and accomplishments at Ohio State and to truly celebrate their graduation with family, friends, and faculty members. Not only will guests be able to meet professors and take lots of pictures, but they will also be able to cheer as students get their name called in front of everyone while receiving the HRS certificate of graduation.