OverviewStaff Physical Therapist
Coordinator, Sports Physical Therapy Residency Program
OSU Sports Medicine
Primary Professional Areas of Interest
Matt competes in triathlons and is part of the Endurance Medicine Team at OSU Sports Medicine. His clinical interests include cyclists and triathletes.
Matt has been practicing in the sports medicine arena for over 12 years in a variety of settings including collegiate, professional, and Olympic venues. Following graduation from physical therapy school, Matt was the first Sports Physical Therapy Resident at The OSU Sports Medicine Center.During his residency, Matt treated a variety of athletes in the Athletic Department including football, lacrosse, gymnastics, cheerleading, tennis, and softball. He also works with USA Women’s Hockey and continues to provide outreach coverage for numerous events.
Director for Pelotonia and was the Medical Director for the Nike Human Race at The Ohio State University. Matt is a member of both “Team Roll:” cycling and multisports teams. Through his cycling interests, he provides bike fittings in the sports medicine physical therapy clinic at Martha Morehouse Medical Plaza.
Administratively, Matt serves as the Coordinator for the Sports Physical Therapy Residency Program and is a faculty member of the Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency Program. He has spoken at numerous local, regional, and national engagements and is Assistant Clinical Professor in the Division of Physical Therapy at the University.
- 2002: BS, Exercise Science, Creighton University
- 2005: Doctorate, Physical Therapy, Creighton University
- 2006: Residency, Sports Physical Therapy, The Ohio State University
- 2014: PhD, Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The Ohio State University
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Physical Therapy
- Certified Athletic Trainer since 2002
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Certificate in Health Services Administration
- Licensed Physical Therapist since 2005