Clinical Laboratories' test results are distributed electronically to the Integrated Healthcare Information System (IHIS). Hard copy reports are generated and distributed automatically to a printer or fax machine to selected locations per pre-established schedule. Patients and Caregivers: Please contact Medical Records (MIM) for laboratory results at 614-293-8657. The laboratory is unable to provide laboratory results directly.
Clinical Laboratories' reports include: the patient legal name, medical information number, ordering provider name, collect date and time, report date and time, units of measure, and current reference range for each reported test when available. Unless otherwise specified on the report, all testing is performed in the UH Laboratories at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
- Online Computer Results may be obtained by using IHIS. For questions about these systems, call 614-293-3861.
- Stat Test Results print immediately after laboratory verification on auto-send printers in specified areas.
- Critical Results: Laboratory results exceeding pre-defined limits are called to a clinical professional (i.e. nurse, MD/DO) responsible for the patient's care. Documentation of the notification and read-back verification is made in the laboratory report.
- Printer or Paper Problems: contact Medical Center Information Systems eServices, through the OneSource portal or at 614-293-3861.
- Down Times on IHIS: Interim reports may be requested only if IHIS is down. The patient name, medical information number and date(s) of service are required for the report request.
Internal Clients Only:
Please order the following requisitions through Workday Request Travel or Purchase. Workday purchases are made directly through Request to procure goods and/or services at https://workday.osu.edu/.
- Laboratory Requisition MC202661 (Item No. 10129240)
- Microbiology Requisition MC202686 (Item No. 10129115)
- Cytogenetics Requisition MC016319 (Item No. 10129350)
Please contact Laboratory Compliance (PathologyLabCompliance@osumc.edu) for urgent laboratory requisition requests.
- Semen Analysis Form
- Microbiology Water Sterility Testing Requisition
- Cytogenetics Requisition (external clients only)
- Pompe Disease Requisition - Duke University
- CDC Specimen Submission Form (download and open in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader)
- CDC Novel Coronavirus 50.34 Form (download and open in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader)
Policies and Procedures
IHIS Policies and Tip Sheets
General Policies/Procedures and Tip Sheets
Downtime Policies and Procedures
Please contact laboratory compliance for any other laboratory policies and procedures. All current documents are controlled through Q-Pulse.