453 W. 10th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
Primary Professional Areas of Interest
- Neurorehabiltaiton intervention techniques for stroke survivors
Management of the Hemiplegic Shoulder, Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation, 2014 Jul-Aug;21(4):316-8. doi: 10.1310/tsr2104-316.
Neuroplasticity in the Clinic, Stroke Rehabilitation. American Occupational Therapy Association National Conference, Chicago, IL. April 9, 2016. Contact Hours: 1.5.
Portable, EMG-Triggered, Myoelectric Bracing: Restoring Arm Use And Participation in Stroke. American Occupational Therapy Association National Conference, Chicago, IL. April 8, 2016: Contact Hours: 2.
Management of the hemiplegic shoulder complex; pain management after stroke; apraxia evaluation and intervention after stroke; Pusher Syndrome, and vision impairments after stroke. Certified Stroke Rehabilitation Specialist Course, Houston, TX. February 6 & 7, 2016. Contact Hours: 8
- Occupational Performance, Environment, and Context: Assessment and Intervention in OT, Co-Instructor, Autumn 2016, Credit: 4 hours
- Neuromusculoskeletal and Sensory Function, Primary Instructor, Spring 2016, Credit: 5 hours
- Occupational Therapy Field Work 2, Co-Instructor, Summer 2015, Credit: 9 hours
- Fieldwork Preparation, Primary Instructor, Spring 2015, Credit: 1 hour
- Advanced Topics in Geriatrics, Co-Instructor, Spring 2015, Credit: 2 hours
- Occupational Therapy Field Work 2, Co-Instructor, Autumn 2014, Credit: 9 hours
- Occupational Therapy Foundations and Theory, Co-Instructor, Summer 2014, Credit: 2 hours
- Occupational Therapy Field Work 2, Co-Instructor, Summer 2014, Credit: 9 hours
- Service Learning, Co-Instructor, Autumn 2007 – Spring 2010, Credit: 1 hour
- Faculty Teaching Award for Adjunct and Clinical Instructor from The School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences at The Ohio State University, 2016
- HITE Award Recipient for Outstanding Contributions to Occupational Therapy Education and Practice, 2014
- Ohio Occupational Therapy Association Award Recipient for Model Practice in Rehabilitation, 2011
- 2000: Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (M.O.T.), University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
- 1998: Bachelor of Biology/ Pre-Occupational Therapy (B.S.), Minors: Music Performance and Psychology, Capital University, Columbus, OH
- 2014: Present Course of Study: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Pre-candidacy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH