Name: Tara Schrader
Year in School: 4th year
Major/Minor: Health Information Management and Systems
Hometown: Powell, OH
Extra-curricular activities/other organizations at OSU and in the community:
- Humanitarian Engineering Scholars Program
- Cru at OSU – a faith based community
- Member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
3 words to describe yourself:
- Outgoing, optimistic, driven
Current or recent internship/volunteer activities:
The Humanitarian Engineering Scholars Program included volunteer work as a part of its curriculum. I am starting my fourth year of work on campus in dining services as a Student Manager.
More about me:
- Advice for a new/prospective HRS student?
- Always have a plan of action and make sure you think about what you are going to do next. Prepare for what is ahead and devote yourself accordingly.
- Favorite major course you’ve taken and why?
- HIMS 5545. In this class I got to learn about the basics of the court system and its applications within the medical field. It goes through HIPAA and provides a variety of scenarios a HIMS professional could encounter.