The Medical Dietetics Program at The Ohio State University offers a coordinated program at the graduate level. Coordinated programs combine the coursework with the dietetic internship so students are eligible to take the national dietetics registration exam upon graduation. The coordinated graduate program is designed for students who have an undergraduate degree in a non-dietetics field and would like to pursue a dietitian’s registered-eligible program at the graduate level.
Admissions and Application Procedure
- An electronic application is available online at Graduate Application for Medical Dietetics which should be completed and submitted with all required supplemental documents. Please note that you will be using the undergraduate Medical Dietetics application.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is required in all coursework taken at all accredited institutions. All post-secondary coursework is considered in admission.
- Successful completion of prerequisite courses.
- Submission of GRE scores which meet SHRS Graduate Program requirements.
- A personal interview will be requested by the division. Knowledge of the profession and personal career goals will be evaluated at this time.
- Math 1148 or higher
- Statistics 1135 or 1145
- Chemistry: two semesters with labs 1210 & 1220
- Biology 1113
- Biochemistry 4511 OR Molbiochem 3311 & 3312
- Basic Human Nutrition 2310
- Human Physiology (EEOB 2520)
- Microbiology with Lab 4000
- Psychology 1100
- Medical Dietetics 3100
- Medical Terminology (HTHRHSC 2500 or Classics 2010)
- Anatomy 2300