The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences are proud to announce that they are an Approved AOTA Fellowship Program providing a unique Neurologic OT Fellowship granted by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
Ohio State Wexner Medical Center accepts two fellows for a 13 month-long program that begins every August. The OT fellowship supports the missions of both the AOTA and Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, by preparing clinicians to become Board Certified in Physical Rehabilitation with advanced knowledge, skills and professional behaviors in the field of Neurologic Occupational Therapy to improve the lives of patients.
Fellows will have the unique opportunity to treat patients with diverse neurologic diagnoses across both the inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation settings, while rotating between the two after 6 months.
- Inpatient rotation includes time with the Spinal Cord Injury Program, Seating and Positioning Clinic, Brain Injury Program, Disorders of Consciousness Program, Neuro Vision Clinic and Stroke Services.
- Outpatient rotation includes time with the Spinal Cord Injury Team, Brain Injury Team, Parkinson’s Team, Stroke Team, Assistive Technology Center, Vestibular and Neuro Vision Team, and other various neurologic diagnoses.
In addition to clinical time, the fellows will spend time as an instructor and mentored colleague in our nationally-ranked Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Program. As one of the most established and respected OT programs in the country, we boast outstanding faculty that are committed to promoting scholarship, leadership and evidenced-based practice in occupational therapy.
Fellows will be considered an employee of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and will be entitled to all the comprehensive benefits of a full time employee.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
- Interviews: April 6, 2020
- Accepted Fellows Notified: April 2020
- Fellowship Start: Early August 2020
- Download and complete the application
- Include a CV and references
- Submit the completed application, CV and references by either email or postal mail:
Scan and email all of the items to:
Mail all of the items to:
2050 Kenny Rd.
Suite 2134 Martha Morehouse Pavilion
Columbus, Ohio 43221
If you have any questions regarding the fellowship or application please contact Tierney Bumgardner at email@example.com or call 614-685-3034
Careers at Ohio State
For a full list of all open positions and benefits at The Ohio State University, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, and Student Employment, please visit Human Resources
To build a diverse workforce, The Ohio State University encourages applications from all individuals. Ohio State is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
Additional Resources for Prospective Faculty and Staff