The Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Medical Laboratory Science program admits once per year, with students beginning in the autumn term. The application deadline to begin the program in autumn term is January 31 of the same year. The professional program will begin on the first day of classes for autumn term.
Applicants for the Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Medical Laboratory Science program must meet the following requirements for admission consideration:
- An earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Applicants are responsible to determine that the completed baccalaureate degree meets the guidelines set forth by the ASCP BOC.
- A minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all coursework taken at all accredited institutions. All post-secondary coursework is considered.
- Completion of prerequisite courses or their equivalents with a C- or higher by the end of the summer term prior to enrollment, except for courses noted with double asterisks (**).
- Biochemistry 4511** or Bio Pharm 3312**
- Biology 1113
- Chemistry 1210
- Chemistry 1220
- Chemistry 2510** or Bio Pharm 3311**
- Math 1150 or higher
- Microbiology 4000.01
- Molecular Genetics 4500**
- Statistics 1450
- Complete an online application through Graduate and Professional Admissions. If you have questions about completing the application, visit our Application FAQ website.
Application questions, contact Graduate and Professional Admissions at 614-292-9444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificates and admission requirements, contact HRS Student Services at HRSStudentServices@osumc.edu